Saturday, October 24, 2009
My First Post! Woo Hoo! Are you RAD??
I guess I will start off with my plans for today! I plan to get motivated...just had my b12 shot in my hip. I love the days my tinnitus goes away! I'm going to run 5 miles in cold Kansas weather. Just watched my son fall off his chair while playing with bionicles. Cute. Anyway, running in cold Kansas weather with autoimmune disease. RAD. Do you get it? Running with Autoimmune Disease. Warm weather gear is the most important...because it sucks when my hands, toes, nose and boobs go numb. I wear a nice under armour shirt and Nike winter leggings. My husband bought me cool all terrain winter gloves and I just keep my hands curled inside and then when I'm warmed up I then put in the fingers. It works. Its a process and if I miss or skip an important detail running becomes very difficult. My friend that I'm running with had the flu and missed our first marathon. We are both dead thyroid girls on high doses of meds. I ran the marathon! Well, I can't say ran because I walked the last mile at 21 minutes. A huge let down but then I just try to think of the big picture. Last December I couldn't walk a block without being short of breath. Really, I remember walking my kids to school, huffing and puffing. It sucked. I hope to find others who are RAD or want to be RAD. Anyway, day 1, run 5 miles and take kids to the pumpkin patch. We have a family bet on who's going to find the biggest pumpkin. Oh, I learned if you sprinkle your pumpkin lid with cinnamon it slows the rot. Take the first step and go RAD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment